Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sweet, Delicious, Goodness

So for some of you who don't live around me, you need to know that I LOVE to bake. I don't profess to be that great at it, but I love it. There is always a homemade treat around my house. So this leads me to my dilemma. I need some variety! I love what I make, but I'm wanting to try some new things so I need your help. When you leave a comment (don't feel like you have to) please leave one of your favorite oh so good recipes. Doesn't have to be anything grand or fancy or any thing extreme, just addictive! Please help me out!!!

PS-This post totally goes against every thing I've been working on. For the last month and a half and I've been going to the gym and have even increased to going twice a day lately. But oh well, baking is something that I love and my family has grown to "expect" cookies or treats to always be around.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

2times a day... are you nuts?
My new fav recipe:
Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
Pre Heat oven to 375
Grease 9 by 13 pan
3cups smashed into 1 inch Pieces
1 C sugar
1 C Melted butter
mix Pretzels, Sugar, and butter and spread into the bottom of pan and Bake for 5 Min
1 C Powdered Sugar
16 Oz Cream Cheese
24 oz Cool Whip
mix with mixer and Spread over coold pretzels
2 pack Frozen Raspberries (Or I like Black berries too)
1 Box Danish Dessert (Use Derctions on Box using 1 3/4 C Water,Spread on top and I like it best if is has set over night! Enjoy! It is so so so good! But it will blow any diet you are starting!

Lacy said...

A meal just isn't complete without a little sweetness to follow!!!

Betty Crocker's Reese's Dessert Bar mix (no bake) is delicious and really fast to throw together...

I love Butterscotch Krispies, they're great for sharing with neighbors or taking to get-togethers! (They're loaded with sugar and you can see)
2 C Karo Syrup
2 C sugar
2 C peanut butter
2 c quick oats
8 c Rice Krispies
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1 pkg. butterscotch chips

In cooking pot, mix Karo and sugar. Bring to boil, (while stirring) boil for 40 seconds. Stir in PB, oats, and rice krispies, press into a buttered cookie sheet. Melt together chocolate and butterscotch chips and spread.

Valerie said...

You got my recipe on Facebook, right?

Jessica said...

Check out the Good Food link on my blog for recipes. I love making goodies, but we have to force ourselves to eat them. I wish we had more bodies around here to eat them!
p.s. the hub's name is spelled with an i rather than a y. FYI.. :)

Candace said...

Easy EAsy really awesome Cheesecake!

I'm lazy and I just use a storebought graham cracker crust.
Preheat oven to 325
2 packages softened cream cheese
beat til completely smooth
add
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
beat
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
beat just until smooth..don't over beat
pour into crust
bake for 20 minutes and then check for bubbles
bake another 15-20 minutes until it starts to crack or brown, jiggle it to make sure center is solid
leave it out until cool then refrigerate at least 12 hours..it tastes better if it dries out a little!
I hope you like it..its like my favorite thing and its so quick and easy! I like mine with cherry topping too!

Candace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.