Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My New Motto

Right now I am going through some of the most difficult challenges in my life. There are some really tough trials that are happening that are making me reevaluate myself. I'm feeling and intense desire to try to increase and develop a real testimony, not judge others and realize we're all human and just trying to do our best, not to take advantage of the wonderful family I've been blessed with, and rely on the Lord to take of me. While at my sister-in-law's church on Sunday, the girl giving the lesson read part of Julie B. Beck's talk from the last April session of General Conference. It hit home quite well right now.

A good woman knows that she does not have enough time, energy, or opportunity to take care of all the people or do all of the worthy things her heart yearns to do. Life is not calm for most women, and each day seems to require the accomplishment of a million things, most of which are important. A good woman must constantly resist alluring and deceptive messages from many sources telling her that she is entitled to more time away from her responsibilities and that she deserves a life of greater ease and independence. But with personal revelation, she can prioritize correctly and navigate this life confidently.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a good woman and an excellent mother. I hope you are able to take these trials and use them to make you stronger. I know that is why Heavenly Father has given them to you. It may not seem like fun to go through, but know that you are loved and will be a better person and closer to your family and Heavenly Father because of it.

Micah said...

Thanks for sharing - that's a great quote!! I hope you are doing okay. Let me know if you need anything:)

Randi Gardner said...

Sarah, I feel like you took the words right out of my mouth.
I completely know how you feel.

Trenton and I are having lots trials right now too and its hard to not feel like you're getting to short end of the stick in these times, but we know it will work out somehow.
That quote sure gave me a reality check.

Kristen said...

Sarah,
Thank you so much, I so needed to hear/read that. Sometimes I wonder how come we have the trials we do when it seems no one else has any (which I know is totally not true) but I forget the bigger picture. If you ever need to talk, just call me, email me something! I miss you!

Jamie W said...

Oh, I hope that everything is ok! I love that quote too. Let me know if I can help. I am always impressed with how calm, collected, and happy you are!

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

I think that the hardest thing about being a mother is taking care of your kids mother :) We are just as important, if not more important because if we don't take care of ourselves spiritaully, physically and mentally who will be there to take care of our kids.
Together, we will figure it out as we both work through our trials. :) Love ya Sarah!!