Friday, August 13, 2010

Still Alive

Hello!! Yes, we're still alive! Things have just been so crazy busy and stressful that blogging just has not been a priority. Lately we've been getting Ray ready to start teaching again and then he's also starting his Master's Degree in Education in a couple of weeks also. We've also been working on our back yard again. We hauled in a few truck loads of compost from the landfill (which is pretty darn stinky) and tilled it all in. The next step to do is to start the sprinkler system. Almost seems like a reality that we might actually have grass in the near future!!

Shoveling the stinky mulch.

Tilling the ground was a rather difficult task because our ground is rock-hard clay! Ray got a workout with this project.


We've also been car shopping for the last couple of months and can I just say that I HATE car shopping!! I don't enjoy the whole process of it. I don't think it would be too bad if there were more of a selection in St. George. If you can afford to buy a new car that are endless possibilities, but well, a new car is definitely not in our budget. But now we have to wait to until next month to even think of a car because we're in the process of refinancing our house! Interest rates dropped so we're able to refi and we're going to save a good chunk of change! Speaking of money (or the lack thereof) I'm supposed to be starting another piano student this month! I have 2 girls already and then this new girl starting. I would really like to pick up one more so if anyone is interested or knows of anyone looking for lessons, let me know!! :)


But lately my kids are giving me a serious run for my money. The boys are just out of control and I really don't know what to do! It's hard because I hear a lot of people saying that their kids (who are the same age as mine) just love playing together and they get along so well and having so much fun with this stage. Well, NOOO!!! Not in this house. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it's nonstop fighting and contention and complete lack of respect. Disobedience is at an all time high and I'm ready to start waving the white flag and call it quits. They fight me with everything I do, even sleeping, especially Chase. The kid is always exhausted because he never sleeps anymore. He fights me for like an hour to get to sleep (a nap or bedtime at night) and then he only sleeps for like an hour during naps and wakes up super cranky and then at night he wakes up nonstop crying or just wandering around the house. He also has started this nonstop screaming thing. It doesn't matter if you're giving him juice or a treat or just looking at him, but he just starts screaming and going crazy. All I know is that I'm exhausted and stressed. Life is more difficult than I ever imagined and it's everything I can do to just make it through each day. I say a lot of prayers and rely on Ray like crazy. The poor guy already has his plate full without taking care of a basket-case wife. Please don't take this post the wrong way, I totally love my family and wouldn't trade any of them for anything. We're just kind of in a rough rut and trying to figure out how to get out.

Just Rylee being her happy, cute little self! She's rolling over like crazy and scoots around a little too.


The boys have loved playing in the rainstorms we've had lately.

One last tidbit though, I think I'm going to run a half-marathon at the end of October. One of my awesome gym instructors talked me into it. It's kind of difficult to find time to run because in order to beat the heat down here you have to wake up early and with being to tired and being up with Chase through the night, waking up is rather difficult. But I have to be back to get Ray out the door for school and get kids taken care of. Don't know what I got myself into, but it's kind of nice to go running and have a little time for myself. Thanks Ray for helping out so much!!!


Other than that, things are just plugging right along. :) All in all, the kids are healthy and doing good, and I've learned to be soooo thankful for what I have. If you stop and think of what you could potentially lose, all of the sudden you're so much more grateful and appreciative of what all I've been blessed with. Count your many blessings....that's what I'm trying to do right now. I just hope life works out right now.


PS-Sorry this ended up being so long. Didn't have intentions of sharing all of this when I started. Just kind of kept coming out and could use some advice, support, ideas...you name it, I need it right now.

1 comment:

Jamie W said...

Sorry things have been rough lately. I think you are a wonderful mother. I am at my worst when I don't get enough sleep. When I was reading about Chase's sleep habits, it reminded me of my favorite sleep book, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." I got it with Lydia sometime and I can't really remember the specifics anymore, but I remember it helped so much. The doctor in it addresses sleep issues for every age of child. Anyway, if you want to look at it and can't find it, let me know and I can bring it to St. George when I come next. Hope things feel calmer soon. You are fabulous!