Sunday, May 27, 2018

Let's Start Again...

It has been several years since I lasted wrote, but Rylee LOVES to read our old blog book and has begged to start making a new one. Well, ask and ye shall receive. I've actually wanted to start writing again, but I wanted to try and pick up where I left off and that was just too overwhelming, so I decided to just start from right now....and so here we are, school just ended for the year and we're starting summer of 2018.

We started summer by going to the Virgin River the last day of school (I got horrible sunburned on the back of my legs from lack of sunscreen. OUCH!). The river is one of our favorite spots. It's nice and quiet, FREE, and the kids play forever with minimal fighting. That's a win in my book!

 Logan, Abby, and Brooke love to "swim". The river is so shallow they can't really swim, but they have trying.

 Chase's favorite thing at the river is to catch as many tadpoles as possible. There have been a lot this year, so he's been enjoying it.


 Rylee is always ready for a cute picture.


 They all decided to dry off before they got in the car. 


 Like I said, she's always ready for a photo opportunity!

Then on Friday, we had cousins come to town. Nicole and Darren and their family stayed at our house for the weekend, so on Saturday, we got Kristi and Trevor and their family and all went for what we thought was going to be a short, mild hike....NOT!! The map was a little confusing for the guys to read and we thought it was going to be a 1.5 mile hike roundtrip. Well, after about and hour of hiking and never reaching a real destination point, sweating to death cause it was also hotter than what the weather man said, we finally decided to just turnaround and head back. The kids had fun though, and that's what counts. Ok, I had fun too (I think), but it was really nice to get back to the car and the AC.
 Abby can be half billy goat sometimes.


 Chase and Britton thought their poses were picture worthy.


Me and by Best Friend! Katelyn walked with me the whole way...well, let's rephrase that. She walked about 1/3 of the way, and then insisted that I carry her the rest of the way. There's no way I could refuse that cute little face! Needless to say, I was very sweaty and tired by the time we got back!

After we got back we all changed into our swimsuits and went to the river again. The kids played like crazy and were sad when we had to leave. But that night everybody came over to our house and we ate smoked BBQ ribs, hot dogs, corn on the cob, baked beans, jello, and roasted s'mores! Whew!! It was a long, exhausting, fun filled day! Now let's bring on the summer and all the fun! We started with a bang and I hope we can keep it up. Tomorrow we  go camping with Kristi's family and so I'll have pics to share of those adventures, but for now it's time to go put kids to bed and read scriptures. It feels good to have started documenting all the going ons of our busy, chaotic, adventurous, loving (for the most part) family. I really do love this family I've been blessed with!!!!

No comments: