Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend

So today was General Conference and it was kind of nice to just stay home and relax, well, relax as much as possible with an almost two year old and a one month old baby. Kristi and Trevor came over this morning and I made a big breakfast. I have to take advantage of when I can make a nice breakfast because Ray doesn't like much breakfast foods, so it was I did the the schabang. We had pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs, and orange juice. Anyways, I guess it must have been pretty good because all three of them slept through the second hour of the first session. Here is the proof if they try to deny it.




I liked that President Monson said the we need to slow down a little in life and stress so much. We need to focus on having more joy. He said that the piles of laundry, the toys strewn all over the house and such won't always be there, and when it's not, we'll miss it. We need to take time out of our lives to enjoy our kids and family. Right now I feel that really applies to me because I'm kind of in high stress mode anymore feeling like I need to have a perfect house while trying to balance kids also. The kids are what are important and I need to concentrate on that. That's what conference is for and I'm thankful for the opportunity to listen.


After conference Ray and I loaded up the boys and went for a walk. It was perfect weather. We went to the park and decided to take some pictures. Logan didn't want to cooperate and take pictures, instead he kept wanting to interupt people playing football and soccer, so needless to say there weren't that many pictures that turned out with him. But it was nice to have a weekend like this because I was able to spend lots of quality time with my family, especially my husband. I greatly appreciate him for all of his hard work that he does to provide for our family but miss him where he is gone so much right now. So it was so nice to spend two days with him, he is an amazing husband and I love him so much, I just hope he realizes that.






Also, I'm getting so excited for this coming week because all of my family on both sides is going to be in town. It will be fun and chaotic at my house because all of my side of the family will be staying with us. But this will the first time my sister, Audree, and her family will be in St. George and also my brother Caleb. They are all coming into town for Chase's blessing and then it also works out that that is also Logan's birthday, so party on!!! (I hope I am able to survive it all!)=)





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I never consented to have my picture taken! I demand a retraction...j/k. Well, at least I stayed awake for the 2nd session.

Laura B said...

Hello my dear friend Sarah!
Your family is wonderful.. Logan grew up cute in spite of his grandma Laura's kisses. Say hello to Ray, Kristi, Kathryn and anyone else that may resemble the Miller family.
Love you
Laura

Chelli said...

CUTE pictures! I'm so glad you've joined blogging land! I will add you to my favorites (when I get home) and check back often. I'll also make you feel guilty if you don't post as often as I think you should (ask Kristi)
See you soon!