Friday, November 21, 2008

What Not To Do...



Just in case anyone was wondering, poopy diapers really stink, especially when they go through the dryer. Yes, you read correctly, I somehow put a poopy diaper through the dryer. I was doing laundry earlier this week and I was pulling my fourth load out of the dryer when I noticed the odor of poop. My first reaction was that I had it on me somehow so I started trying to sniff parts of myself to see if I could trace it, but I couldn't find anything. So I returned to pulling out more clothes and that's when I noticed that the smell was from the clothes. I thought it strange that they would smell like poop but I just kind of thought that maybe somehow one of Chase's outfits just retained the smell from one of his blowout diapers. But, to my surprise, at the very bottom of the dryer laid the culprit. The diaper was in shreds with pieces of it all over the dryer and man-oh-man did it smell. I yelled out Oh Crap! (which I literally meant, hee hee) Ray came back and thought that it was pretty funny but didn't have any interest in helping clean up the mess. I was just worried that the smell would permanently stay in the clothes, but then I realized they were all mostly Ray's school clothes and made sure to point that out to him and he wasn't too thrilled, then it was my turn to laugh. Anyways, I quickly disposed of the problem and rewashed that load. Luckily, the smell washed out and nothing was damaged. But the major questiong in my mind was, how in the world did a poopy diaper get in the dryer. I have no idea if it went through the washing machine or what, but all I know is that it is not a good idea to put a bad diaper in the dryer.

4 comments:

Chelli said...

Laughing... outloud....

Boudrero said...

Chase is sooo cute. I love the new pictures of him smiling. Cute boys..both of them!

Krysta McClure said...

Fun to find your blog!!! What a hilarious story!!!! Cute Boys!

Lacy said...

Well that stinks, literally! I've washed a clean diaper recently and was disappointed because of the wasted diaper, but after your story I see it could have been worse, much worse!!!