Monday, June 22, 2009

Hiking Fun

So since this last weekend was Free Park Weekend, we decided to go with Kristi, Trevor, and precious little Emily to Zions National Park. I love that place! It has such an overwhelming beauty that I can just sit and stare at. I've only done the Emerald Pools hike before, so we tried a different one this time. We really wanted to something like Angels Landing, but we had the kids with us so a low key hike seemed the better choice. We ended up trying Watchman's.



The small plateau that you see right through the trees is where we hiked to. It was a beautiful view at the top.

It was a perfect hike to do with the kids. Logan did terrific on the way up, but by the time we started back down, he got tuckered out and only wanted mom to be carrying him. The problem with that was that I was already packing Chase on my back, and that is not a light load! But with Logan on the front of me, it actually kind of evened out my balance and we could cruise right along until my knee started giving my fits. But I am so proud of Logan for how well he did, that's a big hike for a little guy. It was about 3 miles round trip with some pretty good switch backs. Chase did good too, he just hung out on my back and slept, couldn't have been any better!


Trying to pack both boys! What a heavy load! Sad thing is, I almost weighed this much when I was pregnant! Ugh...



All of us eating lunch at the top.
Riding on the bus. Logan thought it was so cool!!!

After the hike Logan wanted to ride around the the shuttle buses. So we took a little ride around the park and he loved it! He loves watching the school buses drive past our house, so it just tickled him pink to be on a bus himself. After the bus, we wanted to take Logan through this incredible tunnel in the park. This tunnel goes right in to the mountain for about a mile and a half! It is kind of intimidating, but cool at the same time. Logan kept saying that we were like Thomas the Train going through the tunnel. All in all, it was a super fun day, tiring, but fun.

6 comments:

Amber Blair said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Saturday was pretty good weather for something like that too, no hot sun beating down on you. Glad you had a fun time!!

Krista said...

I'm so jealous. Kris and I have been dying to hike somewhere, but it refuses to stop raining here. It looks like you had a lot of fun and your boys are soo adorable. I can't believe what a perfect mix of you and Ray they are!

Lacy said...

What a fun time! The picture of you carrying both of your boys is awesome! You're one tough momma!

Camille said...

How fun is that!?!?! Your boys are SO cute!

Stevenson Stories said...

How fun and check you out carrying both boys!!! Tough chick! They are getting so big. Time flies!

Unknown said...

Moms become tough.... THe pic of you carrying both of them is awesome...my friend and I took our kids up to redcliffs and went on a hike and I had to carry both of them for a small period and it was rough! I miss haning out with you too! We will have to meet you at the rec scenter on of these days! Seriously! It would be so much fun!