Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Fun

So far our summer has been pretty relaxed and not a whole lot going on. A couple of weeks ago my mom, Audree, Chloee, and Grandma Gene all came down for a couple of days. It was a short visit, but it was a lot of fun!! I love watching Chloee and Logan play together. They do so good! But I think my favorite part was that Chase was nonstop smiling and Grandma Gene! All she had to was look in his general direction and he was all smiles!! It totally made Grandma's day!

Well, the week after they left, my dad woke up one morning and said that he missed Chase and Logan and he wanted to come visit. So the loaded up in the car and drove to St. George on a spur of the moment trip! We were excited to have them come visit. The first day they were here went swimming and the Rec Center while Ray was at work and then on Saturday we went fishing. The fishing wasn't all that great, but it was still a fun outing. It was a lot of fun having them here!


As far as the boys go, Chase is not officially crawling and literally in to everything! I am nonstop pulling out of some sort of trouble whether it be is playing with the cable box/VCR/DVD/playstation stuff or playing with the outlets (yes, I need to get the outlet protectors put in, I have them, just have to find them), or trying to playing the bathroom and suck on the toilet seat. He is aslo pulling himself up to low lying objects and stands in the stink bug position. He seriously went from hardly rolling over to all of the sudden moving around nonstop! I can hardly keep up with him.



And as for Logan, well, we're trying the potty training thing. He does just fine if I tell him every now and then to go potty, but if i leave it up to him to do it by himself...well, I have lots of laundry to keep up with now. He just doesn't care if he pees on himself and his underwear are all wet! I don't understand it! I'm just holding out hope that if we keep at it, it will eventually click in his little head what to do. He's a good kid, just not catching on to this yet.


Ray is finishing up his last week of his summer job and then I'm so excited to start tiling our kitchen, laundry room, and pantry. We have a lot of work for all of this to happen though. We have to put a door in the dining room so we access to the pantry that also leads to the garage, but I am so excited to have room to put things! I need this pantry terribly!!! The part I'm not looking forward to it choosing the tile. I know, that's backwards, but we're just not finding anything that we really like. But whatever we choose will be better than what's in there right now.



Well, that's about it around here. After the projects are done, I'll post some new pics.

3 comments:

Sara Birch said...

Don't you just love all the extra laundry that comes with potty training? LOL. Carson has been potty trained for a year and a half now and we still have to remind him to use the bathroom sometimes.

Amber Blair said...

Just keep with the potty training. He'll catch on and then you'll be loving life. I can't believe how big both of your boys look. We totally need to hang out more. Oh and thanks a bunch for the apricots, they were great!!!

The Cupp's said...

Good Luck with the potty training. I know Ray took a while too while he was up at School. : )

-Ryan