Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Hate the Snow!!!

Quick update, I hate the snow with a passion! Especially on the roads! Anyways, let me explain my hatred. Ray's little sister, Nicole, is getting married on December 30 in Portland so we had to drive to Oregon. We left the day after Christmas and it was one of the worst drives I've ever been on. There were multiple snow storms that created complete havoc on the roadways to where there were at least two freeways closed that we were wanting to take. So that lead to long detours and grumpy kids in the car. But I now have a new appreciation for portable DVD players. We bought dual screen DVD players for this trip and it saved us from tying Logan to the top of the car. (J/K he did a pretty good job)
Anyways, the roads were terrible and now I only have double the amount of gray hairs than before we left, and I can't afford to get more at this point! Thankfully we got here without any major problems, and I hope that we will have better roads for the way back.

PS-I don't have any pictures to post because I'm using my in-laws computer and don't have access to anything. I will also post about our Christmas and other adventures when we get back! Bye everybody!

2 comments:

Chelli said...

The weather HAS been pretty terrible... except today. It all started to melt. Temps were upper 30's and even up to 40 degrees. But before you get your hopes up, it's supposed to get cold again. Drive slow and carefully and give Logan kid's Dramamine. It'll knock him out and keep him from throwing up in the back seat.
Have a safe trip and hope the wedding goes well!!!

Lacy said...

Bad roads are 10x worse when there's precious cargo in the back seat huh! I'm a terrible "backseat driver" when it's slick and I constantly TELL Jeremy how to drive! But, I'm glad you made it there safely!