Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Thought We Weren't in Idaho Anymore!



So we moved to St. George for a reason. And well, that reason chased down here in full force this week. SNOW!!! Yes, I am from Idaho but I hate the cold and snow. I even still wore my flip-flops during the snow storm, my toes freeze but they always thaw out.


Anyways, there are a couple of things that are nice about St. George and the snow. 1) The snow doesn't typically stick around for more than a day, and that is the kind of snow I can handle. 2) When it does snow, we get school cancelled because, well... I'm not entirely sure why but hey, it's fun to have Ray home! So as explained in reason 2, Ray had the day off from school, so after we all woke up this morning we all got bundled up, including Chase, and we went out to play in the snow.



Logan thought it was way cool. He took off running and jumping it as soon as we opened the door. Ray taught him how to make snow balls and then they had a snow ball fight which I somehow got caught in the middle of. I tried to surrender because I was holding Chase but it didn't work, they both nailed me. It was still fun. Next we took our little inner tube sled and tried sledding the small hill in our front yard. It worked for Logan because it wasn't big enough to really get any speed or to get hurt if you tipped over, it was just right. Then after that we decided to make a snowman. The snow was fabulous for making a snowman, it was nice and wet and sticky. I would say it turned out pretty good if you asked me, but unfortunately it warmed up this afternoon and it tipped over.


The thing that is kind of crazy is that just last weekend we took to the boys to the park to play and it was so nice outside! It wasn't too warm, you just had to wear a jacket and it was perfect! We went to the Hidden Valley Park and it was so much fun! They have a wide variety of toys for different ages of kids, which makes it nice for the littler kids. It was a fun day in the sun, but today we had fun in the snow! At either rate, both days were fun, and perfect days with my family. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little family, Heavenly Father has truly blessed me.


PS- Chase has been sleeping through the night now for about a week!!! YEAH for me!!!! I think the best part about that is that we made a deal that Ray would take care of Logan and I would take care of Chase. Well, Chase hase been sleeping through the night but Logan has been waking up wanting one of us so Ray has to get up! Hee, hee, hee! I think it's great!

4 comments:

Bergesons said...

so cute! Looks like Logan and Chase were lovin the snow! And yall have the coolest lights in the neighborhood!

Unknown said...

We should have come over to your house to play in the snow! Hallee loved it but she hated her gloves so she took them off and it didn't take long after that for her to say I am cold.... so we went inside and drank up some good ol hot chocolate! I am from Wyoming nd I couldn't believe they cancelled school either. Another nice thing about snow in st george is that it is still warm while you play in it... in Wyoming it was always below zero outside!

Chelli said...

LOVE the lights on your house!! So cute!
St. George snow sounds PERFECT!!! If it didn't get so danged hot in the summer, it would be the ideal place to live, I think.
I also love the picture of the boys laughing in the tube. That would be fun to frame.
(The high tomorrow is sopposed to be something like 11*)

Boudrero said...

so cute. I thought the snow day was great. I love all the pics of the boys.