Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gotta Love Two-Year Olds





So I jut have to tell the story of what Logan said yesterday, it made me laugh.

Yesterday I decided to rearrange Logan's room because we just moved Chase into his own bedroom, which is between our room and Logan's. But I wanted to move Logan's bed because his bed was on the wall that shares with Chases and for the sake of trying to eliminate noise traveling through the wall and waking up Logan I moved to the outside wall. Anyways, we cleaning up the toys off the floor with Logan when he decided to dump out two buckets of blocks and kick them everywhere. So, me being a mean mom told him to sit against the wall in timeout. He goes and sits and innocently looks and me and says, "Is Jesus happy mom?" I had to turn away so he would't see me laugh.
Lately I've been trying to teach him that when we make good choices that it makes Jesus happy and when we make bad choices that it makes Jesus sad. I quickly covered my smile and turned to him to explain that he made a bad choice and so He wasn't happy. I love the simplicity of his knowledge and faith. He loves to go around and make a steeple with his fingers and try to sing "I Love to see the Temple".

Another thing that Logan that did that made me happy was when he was lying on the bed with Chase yesterday. I looked over at them and Logan was leaning over Chase taking him by the hand trying to teach Chase how to give him a "Five" and and then to do "knuckles". It was quite adorable, at least to me.
I love my kids! They are so much fun!

6 comments:

Sara Birch said...

Too cute!!

Lacy said...

I totally know the 'hide the face so the two-ear-old can't see you laugh' thing; we've been doing it a lot lately it seems! And our little boys are so much alike! Troy likes to give Brock 5's and knuckle bumps too; such a fun age huh!

Bundy Family said...

I love them too!

Chelli said...

Awwww....

I'm so glad you have this written down so you will have a record of a nice testimony building moment Logan had.

Oh, and milk the whole "making Jesus happy" stuff for as long as you can. Believe me, it's a great tool!!!

melFeldt photography said...

My long lost family!! Yay, I'm excited to be able to keep up with you all. You'll have to check out my blog...melfeldt.blogspot.com. So good to see you all doing well and with two cute little kiddies.

Jessica said...

You're boys are so darn cute. I want one now! Hope all is well!