Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stressed to the Max!!!

The last couple of days have been quite crazy and let me explain why. We've been regular emails from our real estate agent so we could keep an eye on the market. Well, yesterday Ray had to go to Salt Lake for meetings and so of course that was the day that our agent calls me and says that she just emailed me a listing that just came back open for something in our price range and wants me to come look at. I look at the email and am extremely interested but, Ray is out of town. So she told me to just come look at it and see if we're really intersted because when it previously was on the market, it went under contract in one day so we need to act quickly. So I called Ray and he said to go ahead and look at. And of course I liked the house alot. Not to say it doesn't need any work, but it just needs cosmetic touch ups with the minor exception of one thing. There are no kitchen appliances, even the kitchen sink is gone. But I called Ray and told him I like the house, so we agree for me to go put on offer in on it. Talk about nerve racking. In our marriage we don't make decisions like these without the other one to help with opinions. And then like most of you know, I'm the erratic, emotional one while Ray is the calm, stable rock. I NEEDED my ROCK!!! Anyways, I was able to pull myself together and went and put in an offer.

We made an appointment for Ray and I to go look at the house today. When we met up with the agent she told us that the bank (oh yeah, this house is a foreclosure) looked at all four offers and said for all of us to come back with counter offers. I just have to add, I hate this type of stuff. I get way too stressed out and emotional. Anyways, we already put our first offer in at the maximum amount we could, so we just resubmitted it and now we're sitting and waiting and getting more gray hairs by the minute. I can't afford more gray hairs, I too young! Anyways, we're supposed to hear back either today or tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow we'll pull it off. I really like this house. It needs some touchups and wouldn't look the greatest when we moved in, but over time it would look so nice!!! I want this house!!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh dear I can so relate. I promise things will work out one way or another and if you don't get the house, at least you will have a new point of view right? Don't stress too much. Come play if you need a break.

Sara Birch said...

I can't believe that you heard back so fast from the bank!! We are still waiting to hear if our offer has been accepted, argh. Good luck, I really do understand how stressful homebuying can be!

Boudrero said...

wow...crazy. good luck. I hope you get it.

Lacy said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you! Before we bought our house there were a few we really liked but they were under contract before we could even blink! But, we ended up with a great place at a great price and location...it will all work out for you guys!

Valerie said...

Ahhh... now I understand your Facebook status....

WOW!!! 4 offers in that short of a time span? CRAZY!!!

I think you should be prepared for this to go any way. If you get this house, HOORAY!!! Get out the paint cans and let's get you moved in!!! If it doesn't work, know that in today's market (with so many foreclosures) there will be another house -- that you might possibly like better. Before we bought this house, we looked for MONTHS at over 20 houses. Heavenly Father will take care of you and will take you where you need to be.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Alisha said...

Hey! I was awesome to hear from you and I must say that you have two great looking boys! Good luck with the house hunting! It can be really discouraging! I hope all goes well!