Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh Logan.

Logan. He is quite the kid. It seems like he is always doing something to keep us on our toes. For instance, on Sunday night we though Logan was back in his room playing with so after a little while I went back to check on him. As I started walking down the hallway, he came running out of my room and was really excited. He ran up to me, pulled up his pants leg and said, "Mommy, I did it!" I look down and see his toenail his painted, and then realized that his pants were painted too! I inwardly groaned, well, maybe outloud too, and went back in my bathroom to assess the rest of the damage. He had somehow found my nail polish, somehow managed to open it, and painted his big toe, his pants, the door, and the carpet. The really bad part about the carpet, besides it not being ours, is that it is a very light color, and the nail polish was bright pink! I've never had experience in trying to remove polish from carpet so my first instinct was to use polish remover. So I started dabbing at it trying to get it up, but all that I did was make it alot worse, it just bled and became twice the size it was. Luckily, we have an awesome hometeacher who does carpet cleaning for a living and came the next day and was able to successfully remove the spot!

And now back to Logan. Anyways, it was hard to not lose my cool, and for Ray, and to try to explain to him that this was not a good thing. He felt pretty bad and went and put himself in time out because he had made a mess. After he left the room I actually started to kind of laugh, which Ray didn't appreciate much, but I couldn't help it because Logan had actually done kind of a good job painting his toe! Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to encourage this behavior from him at all, we really tried to emphasize that this is for girls, not boys, and he is a boy. The strange part to all of this is that we don't know how he knew what to do. I have made it a point to never paint my toes infront of Logan for this particular reason. Where he got it from? Who knows, it's Logan. But man oh man, I love that kid with all my heart!

And now for a quick update on Chase. (Sorry, my posts are always really long.) I started Chase on vegetables yesterday and he loved them! I decided to start with sweet potatoes because they're supposed to help his little digestive system, and then I figured it was probable the most promising when compared to peas or something like that. He was funny with it though. As soon as I put the spoon in his mouth, he was begging for more. I was giving it to him as fast as I could, but he wanted more so bad that he was sucking his lips in to his mouth, trying to get as much as he could. He is a good kid, now if only we could fix his pacifier problem. He seems to think that after 5 a.m. I have to constantly put it in his mouth. Needless to say, today we are starting the eaning process. I hope it improves the early morning routine.
Logan's new favorite thing is hot chocolate.
Logan has a Valentine's Day party to go to so we made a Valentine's box. You can't really tell, but he painted everywhere on it. It was a fun project to do with him.
Chase is finally starting to make progress on trying to rollover! He's actually trying to move around, just a little.
I think he is just a cute kid.
O.k., so I think both of my kids are super cute! I don't care if people think otherwise.

5 comments:

Lacy said...

No matter how careful you are, kids can always find a way to get into "innocent" trouble! I probably would have used polish remover too, you're lucky to have a helpful home teacher!

Sara Birch said...

Oh man, that was funny about the nail polish! The things little boys get into. I had to clean up Elmer's school glue off of the carpet last week.

Jessica said...

They are both very sweet! And very smart. Ms. P always watches me and before I know it, she is imitating my every move. She pretends to wash her teapot while I do dishes.

Valerie said...

At least you can put socks over Logan's painted toes and no one will be the wiser. Inigo had his painted once or twice, but I think he's finally old enough to realize that's "girly".
I'm glad you could laugh about it. If you can't laugh at your kid's antics, they will just drive you crazy!! Just don't let them know you're doing it! :D
And yes, your kids are pretty darned cute!

The Cupp's said...

Ryan actually painted Lane's toes on purpose once. (And I didn't have any nail polish remover, so it stayed on for about 3 months.) I can't believe how big Chase is. He is only a couple months older than Kabree, but makes her look tiny. Lane does love that guitar. He puts on his cowboy hat and dances around the room.