Friday, February 6, 2009

Surprise!!!


So Ray has conferences in Salt Lake and Provo all week and so Iwas kind of bummed to be all by myself with the boys for four days. Well, when Ray went to leave on Tuesday we decided as he was walking out the door that me and the boys should go with him! So we quickly threw together a bag for the boys and me. What the fun part of all of this was that since Ray would be busy all day on Wednesday and Thursday, I would go up to Idaho for a quick trip. But now the even better part! I didn't tell my parents what was going on so I could totally surprise them. It worked so perfect!

I got into Firth Wednesday morning and went to my mom's school where she works and just walked into her room. It took her a second to register that it was and the boys, but when she did, her mouth dropped open and she was all but crying! It was so fun!!! After we visited for a little while, we then went to my dad's school and did the same thing to him. It was also great!!! But like I said, I was only staying for a day, so it was a really fast trip but it was worth it. I also got to see my super cute neice, Chloee, Grandma Gene, and Grandma and Grandpa Jolley. There were lots of other people that I wish I could have visited, but there just wasn't enough time. So sorry everybody! But now I am in Provo with Ray and we are staying with Ray's sister, Nicole and her husband Darren. I don't really know what I'm going to do with the boys for two days, especially in Provo, but it's ok because I'm here with my husband I get to see him more than if I would have stayed in St. George. And yes, I know it sounds pathetic that I can't stand to be away from Ray, but I still feel like I can never get enough time being with him. I guess that's good thing considering that we're sealed for time and all eternity!!!
This is Logan and Chloee getting ready to go out in the snow and be pulled in the sled behind the four-wheeler. Poor Logan, my Mom didn't have a snow outfit that fit Logan so we had to make do with snowpants that were like a size 12 months. But hey, he didn't care and it kept him warmer than without.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

What a fun surprise! I'm sure your parents loved it! Maybe next time you will have enough time to drive further north and I can finally meet the baby!

Unknown said...

I know you want a house but you can't move... I need you to stay here ... I could never find a beter assistant for Activity Days! :) Seriously though... you have been great and I am so jealous that you got to go see your family... looks like it was a blost... never feel bad for missing activity days when you have a chance to go be with family... you know I would miss it for that for sure!