Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Could It Really Be.......

BABY #3!!!!

Yes! We are expecting again!!! As of right now we are due March 19, but so far I've had 3 different due dates from the doctor, so we'll see what happens. Here's the story on how the confusion started.

We decided that we were going to start trying for another baby thinking that it would take a few months because that's what happened with Chase. Well, after the first month went by and I hadn't started the day that I was supposed to, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. OK, not going to think too much about it. A few more days go by and still no period, so I take another test and it also comes back negative. Not it's kind of weird because I am an extremely "regular" person. So I kind of worry what's going on, me being my paranoid self and take a couple of more tests through out the week (I was so tired of peeing on a stick!). BUT.....after a week and a few days of being late, I got a positive test!!! It was a very light positive reading, but hey, it was two blue lines!!!

I call to make my doctor's appointment and he said that he wanted me to come in even though by that point I was only 6 weeks. I go in and they do an ultrasound to make sure the baby is where it is supposed to be and he asks if there was a chance that my dates were off because either my dates were off and I was actually only like 4 weeks along, OR another miscarriage! At first I said, "No, I'm very regular." But after thinking for a few seconds, I remembered how things were not regular with the tests and told him about it. We decided to do an HCG level test that day and another in a couple of days and the levels should double. Well, they didn't double, they only halved. The nurse said it wasn't a great sign that everything was ok, but it could mean anything so they had me come in the next week for another ultrasound to see if the baby had grown. At the time of the ultrasound, Ray was gone to Provo so I was a nervous wreck not having my support rock there with me. But when the nurse started the ultrasound, (I was not looking at the screen because I was convinced that I was miscarrying and didn't want to see it) she was like, "And there's the baby's heartbeat..." WHAT??? There's a heartbeat!!!?? Talk about unexpected news!! She laughed pretty hard at my reaction. So it looks like that I just ovulated differently this time and that I'm just not as far as long as I thought. We've done another ultrasound since then to make sure things are still ok and everything is great!!! What a relief!!

So, I am 10 1/2 weeks right now and doing good. I don't throw up, kind of just not possible for me. For some reason my body just doesn't ever throw up, not complaining, but sometimes I think that if I could just get rid of things I would feel better. But for the most part, I'm just tired and emotional. Poor Ray, I can get quite the mood swings and he has to deal with the brunt of it but he just takes it in stride. So, there's my story and sorry if it is a jumbled mess and doesn't make sense.

12 comments:

Randi Gardner said...

oh my! I just found your blog and i see this post of all things! Congratulations!

Sara Birch said...

I have to laugh because your story sounds a lot like mine this time around. I also ovulated later in my cycle and so it threw my due date off. Congratulations!

Amber Blair said...

Congrats!!! Your story scares me cuz it's sounding a lot like what I'm going through. I'm a regular too and I've missed mine as well and had two negative tests. At least you guys were actually trying!! That's so fun!

The Leavitts said...

Congratulations Sara! I am so happy for you!

Krista said...

Yippee! Congrats on baby number 3 I'm glad everything is o.k and I hope it continues to go well.

Unknown said...

Hooray...we are so excited for you. I'm so glad you finally let the cat out of the bag...now I don't have to worry about spilling the beans.

Lacy said...

Congrats!!! I'm glad your ultrasounds turned out fine! I had a little scare when I was first prego with Brock; there wasn't a heartbeat but it was because the NP thought my ovary (which was enlarged due to a cyst) was my uterus...big relief!!! It's always a huge relief hearing the little heartbeat for the first time. I'm excited for you!!!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! But Sarah so phone call or even text...I had to read it on your blog, but I am excited for you guys. Yeah another cute nephew or niece.

Krysta McClure said...

Big changes! Glad everything is okay. . . will pray for it to stay that way for you. . .

Bundy Family said...

We are excited for you! Wishing for a niece, but you two make cute boys too so we'll be happy with either.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!! I'm praying for a girl for you. :)

Tanielle said...

YAY!!!!!!!! How exciting for you guys! Big congratulations to you two!!! So glad everything is going well!! Love ya!