Monday, August 31, 2009

Question and Answer Time

These were some questions that a friend did on her blog and it looked like fun. Kind of makes ya stop and evaluated what kind of person you are. But oh well, I am who I am! Give it a try!

1. Do you cook every night?
More often times than not. The meals are not fancy or anything extreme, but we eat everyday. Lately it's more of a struggle to fix something because nothing sounds too good.

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why? Whatever smells good. Not too picky.

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time? I try to do all the laundry once a week, but with Logan still trying to be potty trained, I have to do a few random loads throughout the week.

4. How often do you eat out per week? We don't eat out every week. We try to budget to eat out like once a month. Sometimes it's more than that, but not usually, too expensive and it's not very fun wrestling and fighting kids in the middle of a restaurant.

5. Where do you usually eat out? If it is a quicky, it's pretty much always Wendy's. But for a nice sit-down meal, it varies. We eat a pretty good variety.

6. What is your favorite retail store? I love Target clothes, but where WalMart is right down the street, I'm usually there. It's just so convenient and usually cheap.

7. What's your favorite thing to drink? Juice. We drink ALOT of juice at our house. We go back and forth between the Crystal Light juice and Koolaid. Right now I drink a lot of water too because of doctor's orders.

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind? Prenatal vitamins and that's it. Not a vitamin person. My kids are lucky if I even remember to give them to them.

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do? 99.7%

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc} I wish!!! Logan is not exactly good at helping. We're working on getting the picking up toys part.

11. Do you go to church? Yes

12. Do you have a housework schedule? No really. Tuesdays are my laundry day and other than that, I just try to keep the house cleaned up. Before I go to bed I try to get all the toys picked up and things put away and the kitchen semi-cleaned. It feels much better in the morning if things are kind of clean.

13. Do you keep a working budget? Yes, being payed once a month requires a budget for us.

14. What do you do at night as a family? We eat dinner together and then just kind of relax together. Nothing too serious or anything. We like to take walks, but right now it's still kind of hot for that.

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week? I don't. My philosophy is well, ready or not here it comes!!

16. What do your mornings look like? Nothing extreme. Wake up and get Ray's lunch ready and get him out the door. Then the kids wake up and and get Chase a bottle and Logan insists on having a cup of chocolate milk and then it's usually off to the gym. But in the process of converting to exercising in the evening.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings? My alarm goes off at 7 am for Ray, but I usually go back to sleep until Ray gets out of the shower.

18. What time do you go to bed at night? That depends. Right now I'm falling asleep on the couch about 9:30ish. But typically we don't go to bed til about 11.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? I try to keep it organized in a file box, but it mostly ends up in a pile on some drawers.

20. How do you keep your household organized? I don't know if I would go to the extent to say that it's organized. It's not a cluttered mess (I think) but everything does not have a proper "home". It works for us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There is something wrong with the percentage of housework that you do...you've got to take advantage of being pregnant. I cooked dinner like 3 times during my first trimester!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE PREGNANT! THAT IS AWESOME! I SWEAR EVERYONE I KNOW IS PREGNANT! I am feeling a little pressure since Carter is olser that Chase! :) I wish I would have read this before I saw you the other day! I hope the hormones die down soon! :) Congrats! I loved this survey except it made me feel guilty b/c I feel cheated if we don't go out to eat once a week... ha ha :) I wish I loved cooking and was as good at it as you!

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Sarah you are so cute! This was a fun post, and holy cow! Congratulations! :) That's so fun and exciting that you're expecting! I hope you're feeling good...tell Ray howdy for me.

Stevenson Stories said...

Congratson baby 3#! You are such a great mom and I can't wait to see this new baby. March is a great time to have a baby!