Thursday, February 4, 2010

Final Farewell

I actually wrote this a week ago, but I couldn't get the picture to load of Shelby so I was waiting to get that to work. Finally got it to upload, so here is my "final farewell" to her. I miss you!
Today is our last day with adorable Shelby. This has been a hard decision for us, especially Ray. This has always been one of his "dreams" to have a dog. But given the present circumstances, with the baby coming soon (cross my finers!!) and we are starting to re landscape the back yard, it was just too much. The other big parts of this decision are that we don't give her the time or attention she deserves. Since we got her, we rarely go outside and when we do we put her in her cage and she hates it. She needs someone who will play with her and absolutely adore her. I really hope and pray that this new home for her will give her those things and be a better situation for her. We will miss you Shelby!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Oh how sad! I hope she finds a good home and I hope you guys get to have another dog down the road.

Valerie said...

It's a hard decision to let her go, but probably best. Is she part beagle? If so, that is a difficult breed... they need LOTS of attention! Such a smart dog!

I'm sure you guys will have a dog sometime in the future and then it will be the right dog at the right time. And you will love it!! ♥