Friday, January 29, 2010

Uh, Oh....Spaghettio!!

So last night I was giving the boys a quick bath before we left for a basketball game that Ray was working at. I gave Chase a bath first, got him dressed and then quickly threw Logan in. This is a common routine for us because both boys are too much in the tub at once!! So anyways, I was in the middle of putting shampoo in Logan's hair and I hear Chase do a blood-curdling scream. I forget about Logan, shampoo and all, and run out of the bathroom to find Chase. I round the corner to the kitchen and Chase is standing at the garbage can holding a Spaghettios can from lunch, with his fingers STUCK in it!! You see, when I open a can, I don't completely cut it all the way off, I leave just a small tab attached so I can just push it back down. Well, I'm usually pretty careful about not leaving those within reach because one of my brothers did this same thing when we were little and it was scary!! So anyways, Chase is screaming with his fingers stuck and all of the sudden he just pulls the can off and all I see is blood coming out!! I immediately rush him to the sink to try and clean off the blood to see where and how bad it is. Luckily, oh so luckily, he got a small part of thumb cut. I mean, it bled ALOT! but it was a relatively small cut. It took a while to get the bleeding to stop, especially because he kept pulling off any bandage I put on it. His choice tactic at this was to put his thumb in his mouth and chew and suck on it until he got it off, it more than grossed me out! But, I am so thankful that the poor little guy didn't get hurt too bad.

But the poor kid is just struggling right now. The last week or so he's had a terrible cold with a super runny nose that just won't stop and he's quite congested. But the night before last, he woke up around 9:30 just screaming hysterically so I go back to get him to calm down. After I leave his room, I notice that there was watered down blood spots on the neck of my shirt so I go back in to find where it was coming from. Couldn't find anything so I go back out a little baffled. A while later he starts screaming again so I go back, get him calmed down and when I leave, once again there is watered down blood drooled down the arm of my shirt. It starts to freak me out a little this time so I get him out of bed and Ray and I look him over and can't find any source of bleeding anywhere!! So I have no other option really other than to put him back down and hope he stays asleep the rest of the night. Now, there wasn't any large amounts of blood or anything, but regardless, blood still. Well, he slept through the night without any incident, but when I got him out of bed in the morning there were the same watered down blood spots on his sheet!! He acts fine, not like something is wrong, so I don't know what to do! He hasn't done it again, but it's a little strange!! Any suggestions on what to do? Do I take him to the doctor, or just let it be? But where did it come from? I'm so confused!!

2 comments:

Sara Birch said...

Is it possible that he could be teething? Carson bled sometimes when he would teeth. That sounds pretty scary with the cut finger. Hope he gets feeling better soon.

Valerie said...

I was wondering if he was bleeding in his mouth too....

Hang in there!!