Tuesday, September 28, 2010

So this weekend was a blast!! First off Ray and I went on a date to the homecoming football game for the school he teaches at. It was so nice to be able to actually watch the game and follow it. Then Saturday morning I ran in a 5K race. My sister-in-law's Stake put on a fun run and so I decided to run in it. It's been about 10 years since I ran a race and so it felt really good. I finished with a time of 28:13, placed 2nd for my age group (20-29), and placed about 35th overall. I'm hoping to run a couple of more races this year and improve my time.



This is the running crew. :) My good friend Katie, Katie's sis-in-law and Kathryn's nieghbor Kandice, my sis-in-law Kathryn, and me. Trying to get a little warmed up before the race. It was cold that morning!




I was NOT about to let this young kid beat me. Proudly, I did beat him!! :)





They also had a 1 mile run for the kids. Logan placed 3rd for his age group and finished in about 14 minutes. Way to go kid!!
After the race we (meaning Ray's three sisters and their families) all went for a walk. This was not a good idea where it was about 95-100 degrees outside. But it worked because we walked around the river and decided to play in the water which the kids thoroughly loved!

Chase and cousin Emily

Little Miss Rylee in Unlce Darrin and Aunt Nicole's hiking backpack. Thanks for hauling her around!
Cousin Kimmi, Logan, and Cousin Kassi

Logan found a "skeleton rock".
Playing in the river. I'm still getting used to the idea that this is a river. Where I'm from, a river is a "little bit" deeper and faster. Oh well, it works for what we need!
Logan enjoyed relaxing in the water.

3 comments:

Amber Blair said...

Way to go!! You look fantastic!! Looks like we run at about the same pace, we should run some races together!! :)

Dan and Katie said...

That's an awesome picture of you crossing the line!!! Heck no some highschool kid is going to beat you!! That was so fun- you pushed me girl!

Cluffers said...

What a great race it was. I will let you run in front of me and blaze the trail for me any time. Way to go!!