Sunday, January 23, 2011

2011 St. George Half Marathon

Yesterday was the 2011 St. George Half Marathon! This half marathon was a lot better for me than last month's. At the Hostess Half there were only about 30 and so I was running by myself almost the whole time and I didn't know the course at all. But yesterday there were over 3,000 runners so I was always with someone, which was fun, and then I was very familiar with the course cause it's the route that I always go running on. The weather was fabulous and everyone did a fantastic job putting the whole even together. My last race time was 2 hours and 4 minutes and my goal for this race was 2 hours...or under if possible. My time yesterday was 2 hours and 50 seconds!! Ray teases me and says that I technically didn't reach my goal but I say I did. I mean come on, after running for two hours I'm not too concerned about a few seconds!! :) But all in all, it was a fun race and I really want to do another one in the city that I live in next month, the only problem is that I don't have the $40 for the registration fee! So..I don't know what will happen but these are fun races and I'm enjoying the push it gives me to set and meet a goal.


Me and my sweet baby (or not so baby anymore) after the race.

I love how Ray and the kids are so good at supporting me, especially Ray. He's been so good at watching the kids on Saturdays while I do my long runs and then enduring the kids during the races. Couldn't do it without him!

This was about at Mile 9 and I'm the one in the gray jacket coming up by the two people in blue right above the first plant and I was so excited to see Ray and the kids. It was a great boost!


After the last race I was in pretty bad shape: my legs and knees hurt like none other and my stomach got sooo sick too. But after this race I feel so much better. My knees hurt a little but nothing bad, the only problem is this lovely blister, or should I say blister(s)!! I got new shoes a week ago and thought they were broken in enough but no. I had one blister already there from last week but then during this race I accumulated another one under the preexisting one. It hurts like crazy but I had Ray drain it today and it feels much better now.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You did awesome! And you almost beat Trenton! If Trevor would've run it maybe you would have beaten him. Great job! Sorry about the blister.

Kristen said...

Congrats! Oh and Rylee better still be your baby, because Kami is still mine and she's a year older. I don't know if we will ever stop calling her baby haha

Kabe 'n Dave said...

WOOT WOOT! Look at you go, girl! You are amazing! Your kids have a great example to follow about setting and achieving big goals. It's awesome! But that blister looks PAIN-FUL :(

Stevenson Stories said...

Good job! I am proud/jealous of you! Marathon with me..?! Think about it :)

Valerie said...

You rock!! And you have the battle scars (or blisters) to prove it! Way to go!!

Linda Miller said...

I'm SO empressed! I can't even imagine finishing a race, let alone calling it "fun". Way to go!