Monday, January 3, 2011

Trying to Catch Up

Life has just been too crazy to update regularly so here's another condensed version of what's happened lately:
  • I successfully ran my first half marathon and it went pretty good. The weather was less than ideal unless you like super cold and rainy conditions! :) My goal was 2 hours and I finished in 2:04, so close! I might have finished with a better time but I missed a turn and got a little lost and so...well...ya know... But I've signed up for another half marathon in St. George on January 22 and hopefully I'll meet my goal this time!


    Ray and the kids made this cute poster for when I finishing the race. It says: Way to go Supermom!


  • Christmas was fun and we all got spoiled pretty good. Both Ray and I's parents came to St. George so we stayed busy visiting with everyone. While my parents were here it snowed and so we went out and built a snowman. The boys thought it was pretty fun but I'm sooo ready for the snow to melt, but yet it snowed again last night and it does not make me happy. :( I live in St. George to avoid this kind of weather!


We reenacted the Nativity Story with Ray's side of the family with the kids. It was entertaining and sweet at the same time.

  • Chase is still not allowed back into the gym daycare yet. They called and asked if he was doing better with the biting and they would let him come back but he bit me the day before on the neck when we were just playing and he's bit Logan a couple of time since so we have to wait longer. At this point I don't know what to do with him, I'm just trying to survive and hope he grows out of this stage soon! The poor guy also has some sort of illness that he can't get rid of though. He randomly gets hives, rashes and fevers. They only last a couple of days but just goes from one thing to the next. Now we're trying to get rid of a nasty cold that him, Rylee and I all have. The little guy just needs to get feeling better, it's so hard seeing him not feel up to par.

  • He's too cute!! So why can't he just quit biting? :)



  • Logan is growing up before my eyes. He'll walk around the house or do something that I just look at him and go "when did you become a big boy?" I mean seriously, he's not just a little baby that I have to keep and eye on every second of the day. He's also becoming such a good helper around the house.





  • And Rylee is doing so much better with the bottles. My milk has decreased rapidly and we only nurse about once a day. She doesn't mind the bottle at all now and is doing good with the baby food too. She's going through a big growth spurt and is eating a ton! She's also outgrowing most of her 9 month clothes and wears mostly 12 months. She is still small for her weight (25%) and height (20%), but she sure doesn't act like it. Rylee also has grown quite the head of hair and is so cute with I do her hair in little piggies!



Rylee was super hyper one night when Ray was playing with her. I got a kick out of it!!

4 comments:

Randi Gardner said...

Oh my goddness! Who is that girl? Rylee looks like a completely different baby since I last saw her! Great job on the race! You really are a super mom!

Jessica said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I'm telling you the secret to stopping the bite is to bite them back. Not hard enough to leave a bruise but so they know it hurts.

The Cupp's said...

You're amazing! How do you find the time to run that much?! Your kids are so cute and getting so big.

Sara Birch said...

Way to go on the half marathon! I can't even imagine running that far...the 5K I did was plenty for me. Good luck in your next one.