Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So I know that I haven't posted in quite a while, but I just haven't had much to write about. Things are just plugging right along and not a whole lot going on. I'm still pregnant, the boys are still crazy wild, and Ray is still super busy at school, church, and helping around here.

So as for baby stuff, things are going pretty good I guess. I'm definitely at the stage where I don't enjoy it anymore. I just feel very large and it's getting hard to get around, especially because my hips are starting to cause some problems with walking around. Poor Ray the other night had to help me to the bathroom in the middle of the night because my hips gave out on me and I collapsed to the ground. He's such a good sport though and helps out so much!!! But the silly baby is so active! My doctor said that I look very large but the baby measures right where she should be. My stomach is just so stretched out that she has all the room in the world to stretch out and do whatever she wants, besides curl up in the small fetal position. It makes things quite interesting sometimes, but it's so comforting to feel her do her acrobatics!

Logan and Chase are good kids, but man are they a handful! Chase is constantly in to any trouble he can possibly find, but he does love to sit and read books. He is the bookworm between the two boys. And then we have Logan who has quite the imagination right now. For the longest time he would never play pretend with any of his toys or anything, but that has changed. He loves to play with his "babies" and take care of them. At the dinner table it is such a challenge to get him to eat because all he does is talk, talk, talk. The stories he comes up with are so funny! Love the kids so much!!

Other than that, we're just hanging out and Ray is starting to make plans to re landscape the backyard as soon as we get our Tax Returns back. We're going to basically tear everything out and start all over. There's a lot of work to do, but it will be so worth it!! The downfall of this though, is that we've decided to get rid of our dog. Shelby likes to dig a little too much and putting in a new yard isn't worth it if she's going to dig it all up. Also though, we're just not giving her the time and attention that she deserves. She has a lot of potential, but we're not dedicated enough to put in the work it takes, especially with baby sister coming soon. So...anybody want a super cute, energetic dog??
Logan asks to have his picture taken sometimes and it's kind of a cheesy smile that he does, but I love it!

Logan watching a movie with his babies "while they get feeling better" he says.

3 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

good job Ray! Chris has to do some of those "hubby things" for me in the middle of the night too :)

And Sarah, you look great. I am right there with you in the uncomfortable stage....although I feel it came sooner this time then the last time so here is to 4 more months..aggh. They are worth it for sure! Enjoy some of that sunshine for us too...I could use it today.

Amber Blair said...

That's no fun that you're so uncomfortable and that sounds scary that your hips give out like that. Have you read any of that book yet?? I'm interested to hear what you think....let me know if you have any questions. I also have a hypnobirthing CD that my friend is borrowing right now, but if you want to listen to it when she's done, you can!!

Sara Birch said...

Your pregnancy sounds a lot like my second one. My hips hurt so bad that I spent the last month of it sleeping in our recliner. You're almost there!