Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cat Food

Ray does not know that I am posting this and may or may not appreciate it, but I think it's pretty funny.

So, Ray went on his mission to the Philippines and would eat some pretty interesting things. Since we've been married he's made a few things for me to try and most of the time it's pretty tasty. But well, last night he decided to try something a little "different". I don't think this is actual authentic Filipino food, but more or less something the missionaries created on their own. The meal consists of: rice, corned beef, and banana ketchup (this is exactly what it sounds like). He starts the process by opening the corned beef and he starts to get grossed out just by that. He was very gracious to warn me that if my gag reflex was sensitive to not come near it, as he put it, it reminded him of cat food. He proceeds to cook it and put it on the rice and then puts the banana ketchup on it and says that that even smells not so great to him. But the trooper that he is, he still wanted to try it and I decided that this might be worth something to capture and remember. Here is the result!!






4 comments:

Kristen said...

EWW! How can your pregnant stomach handle even looking at that?! I almost lost it and I am totally not preggo!

Oh and I can't believe how well Logan is talking. I have missed out on that.

Randi Gardner said...

hahahaha

Unknown said...

I love it! That is so disgusting...but he ate much worse on his mission. I love how Logan is being so supportive...it cracks me up! Now if only he would respond to that kind of encouragement himself.

The Hatch's said...

Yum! tehe Life is great we love our new house!! We'll find out what we're having on Wednesday! I'll be 18 weeks! How are you feeling?