Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Logan!


Happy Birthday Logan!!
(Well, tomorrow officially.)


My crazy, energetic little boy is turning 3!! Even though his birthday is tomorrow, we semi-celebrated it yesterday with Kristi and Kathryn and their families with cake and ice cream. Logan has been waiting for this day for like the last 6 months and so we decided to try and make it special for him. How do we try and do that? Well, by making a cool tractor cake of course!! But the thing we neglected to remember, if we wanted a super cool tractor cake, we should have bought one from the store. This cake was a great deal of stress to me. I don't know why, but it was. All that matters is that Logan liked it and that I learned a lot from this experience. I have never made a themed cake like this before or anything so it was an adventure. It didn't turn out quite how I wanted it, but not too bad for a first attempt and Logan thought it was a big success. He gave me a huge hug and dramatically told me that he loved me, so it was totally worth it (even the trip to WalMart on a Sunday to get the needed supplies that I didn't think about the night before!)!!!

I love you you crazy kid!!! We have our moments where we butt heads, but I love playing and talking with you. You are a great big brother and I look forward to the many years of teaching you and seeing you grow! I love you!

8 comments:

Audra said...

That cake is awesome Sarah!! I think you did a fabulous job & I can see the joy on Logan's face! Happy Birthday Logan!

Kristen said...

Amazing! Happy early birthday Logan. Oh how we love that crazy kid!

Amber Blair said...

Man, he looks so grown up. It doesn't seem like you guys have been gone from the ward very long, but he looks so much bigger. And you did an AWESOME job on that cake I think. You are super talented cuz I could never do that. Happy Birthday Logan!

Lacy said...

Nice cake! And from the sounds of it (talking about your baking) I bet it tasted delicious too! I'm glad he had a happy birthday!

Jamie W said...

Happy Birthday Logan! Your cake is amazing!

Valerie said...

You did a great job! And you are the only person who knows what you wanted it to look like. The rest of us think it's AMAZING!!! You're a great mom!!

(HAPPY B-DAY LOGAN!!! I still can't believe he's 3!)

Stevenson Stories said...

What a cute cake!!! That is some serious talent.. I could not even imagine attempting something like that.

The Cupp's said...

3?! Are you kidding me? Wasn't it just yesterday we were having pizza at your apt and playing games while little Matthew was ringing the doorbell and hiding? :)

Happy late Birthday Logan!!